Collaboration can take the form of networks, alliances, coalitions or partnerships. Both existing collaborations as well as new ventures gain advantage by involving an experienced, neutral champion that can support transparency and mutual benefit in all phases of the collaborating journey. I can assist you to:
- Initiate collaboration: scope membership, identify common ground, build relationships
- Define appropriate structures, work plans, tools to support coordination and set out agreements between members
- Assist community agencies to implement the 5 conditions that support collective impact, including the foundational role of the backbone organization
- Review existing collaborations, recommend areas for improvement, re-negotiate goals; and if appropriate, facilitate closure.
Another type of engagement, often missed, is working constructively to cultivate support from key stakeholders and the public. I can assist you to:
- Assess the milieu and window of opportunity available to you
- Identify strategies that can expand support for your mission and elevate your sphere of influence
- Articulate the issues you wish to raise, and define ‘the ask’ you want to bring to policy-makers and funders
- Know the bounds of Canada’s laws regarding allowable advocacy activities for charities
Outcomes are optimized when context is understood, opportunities leveraged, solutions designed and resources acquired. I can assist you to:
- Develop strategic clarity of what you want to achieve and your strategy to achieve it
- Examine readiness for new ventures, including partnerships
- Utilize design thinking to plan human-centred services
- Incorporate theory and evidence in developing new programs
- Prepare grant proposals for funding.
Measure Progress & Results
Leadership and staff require useful information to monitor progress and guide improvement. Boards of Directors, Funders and Donors also require information, relevant to their roles. I can assist you to:
- Measure user satisfaction
- Conduct an evaluation of a project, program or service
- Transform existing data to visual material that highlights notable achievements
- Tell your story
- Utilize your data for program improvement: become a learning organization.
- Prepare reports tailored to the requirements of funders, donors and boards